Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Edyfi commits to each house having at least 40% women and non-binary individuals and no more than 60% of any one
gender. Part of our mission is connecting with people across dimensions, and we want to build this community with
you from the ground up. We prioritize creating inclusive and diverse communities, because diverse perspectives and
lived experiences are at the heart of innovation.
We also have a small scholarship fund to ensure that all people, regardless of background, can afford to attend
In Edyfi S21, we did a poor job on diversity. Here is what we are doing to ensure diversity in future cohorts and to
create a safe and welcoming environment for all those who attend Edyfi:
- On-boarded a new team member onto our core team. They will work to oversee and advance diversity initiatives
across all aspects of the operation from outreach, to our admissions process, to our orientation, to our
partnerships and resources, and everything in between.
- Actively reaching out to and having conversations with experts to see where we can do better.
- Centering our outreach efforts on reaching underrepresented groups across college campuses, organizations, and
- Raising money for a scholarship fund to make attending Edyfi an option for anyone.
- Expanding our interviewers and application reviewers to reflect the diversity of our applicant pool.
- Designing a collection of readings to be read and discussed before and during each Edyfi experience.
- Purchasing a collection of books to be made available at every house
- Bringing in speakers, both for our leadership team and for house members, to host discussions around DE&I.
We welcome and encourage feedback on the above points and anything else we can do to improve moving forward. Our DMs
are open on Twitter and we would love to hear from you.